Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cooking With Cricut "Go Canada" Cartridge Showcase

Hello my crafty followers. Today I am going to showcase this amazing cartridge called " Go Canada"  I was so excited when I saw that Cricut was coming out with this cartridge. As soon as it was released back in Oct, the hunt was on....this was a must have!
Yes......I am Canadian Eh!
Here our a few projects I came up with:


For my first project today I have a Diagonal Double Pocket card which you can find the instruction for at Splitcoaststampers.
As soon as I saw the coffee and donut cut it reminded me of our famous Tim Horton's Coffee Shop which you can find all over Canada serving the best coffee and donuts and delicious little timbits, so I added a gift card to my project since everyone love Timmys!!!


My second project I decided on a gift box which I added maple cookies to. Again instruction can be found at Splitcoaststampers for the box, I used both the maple tree and syrup cuts from this cartridge.
Canada is well know for it maple syrup....... Once you taste the real Canadian Maple Syrup, you will be hooked for life.




Next I have a 12X12 layout using a few more of the great cuts from this cartridge. I have used the Canadian flag to make it into a hidden journal tag with my Gypsy. This is my nephews son waving the Canadian flag in front of Canada House in Banff Alberta on Canada Day 2007. Canada is known for its vast forests and mountain ranges and the animals that reside within them, such as moose, beaver, grizzly, geese and the common Loon.



Last is another 12X12 layout, this time showing the province where I live, which is Alberta along with our Canadian Beaver which is our National Animal Symbol, toques and again my nephews son enjoying some real fine Canadian Bacon.

Provo craft did a wonderful job when designing this cartridges....I just love it and think everyone should run out and get it.
Canadian or not!
I am going to enter the layouts into this weeks challenge over at Getting Scrappy: this weeks challenge  is for the love of chocolate, scrap about chocolate or use chocolate supplies (twine, ribbon, paper etc.)
Thank you for stopping by my blog and checking out my showcase!

18 comments:

Amy said...

I love all of your projects! They all look great!! TFS! :)Amy

mum of two said...

Love, love love! I am always thrilled to find a fellow Canadian crafter :) I'll be back to visit again soon...

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Holly Gagnon said...

Great Job Jenny! My husbands family is from Toronto so I'm very aware of Timmy's and Maple Cookies! Whenever we go up there or someone comes to visit us these two things are on my hoarding list! Oooooh...I so wish I had a Maple Cookie right now! I need to buy this cart to. Thank for sharing-Holly :-)

Unknown said...

What wonderful projects!!! Great work :)

Amanda said...

Wow, I love all your Canadian projects!! Both of your layouts are super cute.. You should totally enter one of your layouts in my "Getting Scrappy Challenge".. If your interested here is the link:
http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2012/02/getting-scrappy-challenge.html

Scrappy hug,
Amanda :0)

Nita said...

Woot! Woot! You did an AWESOME job with this Jenny! This cartridge has been on my wish list for awhile - even though I keep saying "no more cartridges". lol! After seeing your showcase I MUST have it (that beaver sold me!). Every Canadian NEEDS this, right? I love all the projects - you did a great job showcasing the cartridge AND our beautiful country! :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Love your projects! Wow some one's been busy hey! Great job on all of your projects. -Tami

Kimberly said...

Oh my this IS the most perfect CANADIAN cart....i've seemed to have missed this release...i'll have to go on the hunt as well for this one. Great cuts and your projects are fabulous...from one Canadian to another you did good...thanks for sharing...
www.justwordz.ca

Sherrie K. said...

Holy moly girl...you've been busy! I LOVE your projects-they are all amazing! Awesome cuts and great details-looks like a fun cartridge to own:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

pam f said...

LOVE all your projects: fellow Canadian crafter! I now need to buy this one!!!!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What fabulous projects! The colors and detail is amazing on all the projects!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Jenny, this is so cute! I LOVE all of your projects. The cuts on this are cute and you definitely showcased this cart!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Unknown said...

What beautiful projects! I love that first card!! Such a great idea!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So many beautiful projects!!! And I love these LO's with the beaver and the moose, hehehe! Thanks so much for joining us at the Getting Scrappy Challenge!
Lisa
GSDT

Lynnette said...

Hi Jenny! i love these cards so Canadian so nice to see another Canadian crafter making neat projects. Love the beavers on the scrapbook page as I go by busybeaver as my name on the web.

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

I love all your projects!! I am canadian too!! :) Thank you for playing with us at getting scrappy!
Michelle GSDT

DebC said...

Jenny these are all super cute! I love them. I love this cricut canada cart too. Love the reds it just pops. Love the coffee card super cute too! Great job as always!

ScrappinT said...

Wow!!! What a great way to showcase this cartridge!!! You did Canada proud!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Getting Scrappy!
Teresa
GSDT