Thursday, October 7, 2010

How To Make A Spinner Card: Snowman!




So last night I was playing around and I finally figured out how to make a spinner card. I have had a few request since putting my card on the blog last night, so I have decided to share my take on this card. There are probably much better ways of doing this, but I just couldn't find anything. So here goes nothing! I hope you can understand my gibberish!




First you need to make your card base. My paper measured 8.50 X 9 inches long. I folded it in half and scored it.




The next picture is my template I made. This just helps for the next step.
To make the template. Measure 1 inch from the bottom and draw a line, measure 3/4 of a inch on both sides and then measure 2 and 1/2 inches from the top. This will form the opening. Cut it out. Place it on the front of your card and draw your box lightly with a pencil.




Next stamp across box and then erase the pencil lines.




I then cut out the front of my card, doing the same measurements as the template. This is when I added my ribbon and decorated the front also.




Now turn it over and add lots of pop up dots being careful not to get to close to the open part. You want to make sure your object will be able to spin.




Next you will need 2 penny's. Put a pop up dot in the middle of the first penny, then put the second penny on top of this, then add another pop dot and put your snowman in the middle. Looks like I have one to many pop ups in this picture (don't put one on the snowman)




Slide it gently into the opening. Having one penny on top and the other at the bottom.



Finish decorating your card and enjoy.




I hope this all makes sense. Please leave me a comment and if you make one let me know so I can pop over and have a peek.


4 comments:

christys_scrappin said...

Totally cool....love it! Great job on the video too! Hee heee!

Melissa said...

I AM SOOOO SCRAPLIFTING THIS, THIS WEEKEND!!! AND I LOVE YOUR DIRECTIONS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH OR SHOWING THIS!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Rhonda Emery said...

love this I am now a follower. thanks for stopping my blog.

- - Sheryl - - said...

cute - I did a spinner with a monkey and last year I did penguins!