Monday, December 10, 2012

Dreamweaver Embossing Paste Tutorial


Good morning all my crafty friends! Today I have another great project for Joys Life Stamps
This week Joy's Life Design Team will each be doing a scrap booking tutorial. When I heard about this I wasn't to sure what I would do.
I finally decided to go with a Dreamweaver Embossing Paste tutorial using a stencil.
First I got all my supplies ready then I was ready to get crafting.
 
First step is to tape the stencil down onto the card stock so it doesn't move.
 
Next just add the embossing paste to your spatula and spread it across the template, make sure you do not lift it up or push it down onto the template ( or it will force the paste into areas you don't want)
 
Next take the tape off and gently lift the template away.
While the paste is still wet you can add some ultra fine glitter to your project. Then set it aside and let it dry. It will take a few hours.
 
Once it is dry it is time to make your card.
I used the sentiment from Joy's Life Wintery Puns which can be purchased here.
I hope I have inspired you to try this cool type of embossing. I love the way the card turned out and there are so many great stencil out there for you to use.
I will be entering this card in this weeks challenge over at Go Fish Challenge Blog- Holiday Season Projects.

2 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

This is sooooo beautiful Jenny!!!! I love the embossing and love how you used the stencil! Great project and wonderful tutorial!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hi Jenny, Love your project!! I use a similar process. I use my brass stencils with "Texture Magic" and a similar product!! The process is on my Youtube Channel. I would love for you to check it out and let me know what you think!! Again, I love your card!! Karen♥