Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Day Gift Exchange!

Hello all My Crafty Friends!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas with all there family and loved ones. I also hope that each of you were spoiled rotten just like I was! 
Today I just wanted to share with you a Christmas exchange gift I made for Christmas Day at my little sisters house. This year it was her turn to host Christmas and  28 of us were able to attend.
Each year we buy a gift and play a game where you draw a number and then you can pick from under the Christmas Tree or steal the other person gift, we were all getting pretty tired of it so my sister Penny came up with a new gift exchange game that was so much fun!
Each person had to make a edible gift with no help from anyone. So what this meant if you wanted to play you had to create your own gift. I had seen these mice on the Internet but decided to add a couple of mice traps to my project and made three types of cheese for the mice to play on out of Rice Krispies Squares and fondant. It probably took me over 5 hours to make but I was so happy with the way it turned out!
There were a lot of different food gifts, here are just a few of them: Grinch Cookies, Cake pop, Candy Cane Vodka, Pickled Eggs, Hot Coco, Monkey Buns, Baily's and my son even make a Santa's Sleigh with nine reindeer's and three Christmas trees. A lot of thought was put into the exchange gifts this year and the whole family had a ball.

4 comments:

Georgiana said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Happy New Year,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

jessica said...

OMG how adorable is this!!! LOVE those cute mice!!!

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Jenny!!! What a great job!! I love these little mice!! You are a very talented mice maker!! karen♥

Sherrie K. said...

Love this Jenny! How fun and what a great tradition! Sounds like a blast!
Happy New Year!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com