Saturday, May 19, 2012

Growing Memories! and Some Exciting News!

Welcome my crafty friends! Today I have another 12X12 layout for you and some exciting news!
   I made the Design Team over at Bear Hugs Paper Piecing. I told myself I wasn't go to try out for this, since summer was just around the corner, but I couldn't help myself once I had a look at all the SVG files that were just screaming for me to start creating with. I knew deep down that I would be kicking myself in the butt if I didn't at least try out for it and was just so excited to hear that they wanted me.
If you have not been over to Bear Hugs Paper Piecing, please go over and check them out,  they even have a weekly Freebie just for you.


 So for my first project as a Design Team Member I decided to create a layout using the Gardening Thyme SVG file.
This is just part of this great set .
I wanted to play along in a couple of challenges also this week, so first I went over to  Let's Get Sketchy. to see what this weeks sketch was and I knew right away I wanted to play along with them.
 Both sides of the layout

 I also wanted to play along with this weeks colour challenge over at I came, I saw, I created.

and last but not least I went over to Welch Creations to see that this weeks challenge is to use at least one SVG or Cricut cut.
 I know I went a little bit crazy with the pictures, but I couldn't help it.

So when you put them all together this is what I came up with. I think the layout turned out pretty darn nice, if I say so myself.
Along with the Gardening Thyme SVG from Bear Hugs Paper Piecing I also used the following  Cricut cartridges to create my layout.
Lacy Labels- Photo mat
Graphically Speaking- word "memories"
Baby Steps- word "growing"
Phoo and Friends- clouds.
Hope you enjoyed today's project, as always thanks for your wonderful comments and please come back tomorrow for the Disney Pixar Blog Hop. I just might have some yummy blog candy for one of my lucky followers.

15 comments:

Kerys said...

Great page! Those bears are just SUPER CUTE! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

Dawn said...

Absolutly tooo cute! I love all the beautiful colors you used! Hugs, Dawn

Laurie said...

what a lovely take on our sketch and congrats on your new DT position, they are lucky to have you! thanks for playing along with us at lgs!

Carla said...

Great layout - the bears are so CUTE!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Hi Jenny,

What a cute layout. Love the lil bear. I have not even used my Cameo yet. Time to dust it off. lol

Happy crafting!
Sandy

Brenshevia said...

too adorable, love the bears, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

oH sooo Cute LO! Love it! From the colors to the embellishment choices! Perfect! Wonderful work! Thanks for joining the 11th Sketch Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

Oh - so adorable. I love your take on the sketch. Great colors you have used and a cute little bear. The photo is great.
Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

mai/titi said...

Oh! sooo cute LO!Love the Clouds and Teddy bear❤
Thanks for playing along with at LGS!

Marilyn Peter said...

This is sooo cute! Love the bears and congratulations on making their DT. Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Unknown said...

just darling! wish i could do svg's! thanks for joining us at lgs!

DebC said...

Congrats! You will be a great asset to them! Your projects are always perfect.
Deb c
Bugjuiced

Ashley said...

Love, love, love it! Such great detail in this LO! Thanks for joining in on the Welch Creations Challenge!

RockinRenee said...

LOVE the layout! It is SO cute! A well deserved spot on the design team! Thank you for participating in this week's Creative Color Challenge,
Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Jenny, Love the layout!! The Teddy Bear is adorable and the picture of your granddaughter is soooo cute!!
-peewee-