Monday, May 28, 2012

Gone Fishing!


Hello my crafty friends, I hope everyone had a very nice Memorial Day with all your family and friends. Here in Canada our long weekend was last weekend as we all celebrated Victoria Day.  Today I have created a 12X12 layout using the Gone Fishing files from Bear Hugs Arts and Scraps.


 This is one of the bears that is included in the set.

This little guy is called a bear hugger which also comes with a sign that says gone fishing. But I decided to place him on top of a frame that was cut from Pooh and Friends cartridge. I cut the frames at 5 inches and 4 inches.


 The gone fishing sign is from the Silhouette Store and cut with my Cameo. I am still trying to learn the new machine but, I do find myself still using my Cricut more, but darn it anyway! I will learn it! As my hubby always says...Jenny! Rome wasn't built in a day! Give it a bit of time and you will know it inside and out.
 The pictures in this layout were taken in 1977. My Mom and Dad were still alive back then and they both loved to spend their weekends fishing, hunting, camping and just being with the family. Dad was a great man and loved his grandchildren to pieces! and of course Mom was my BFF! And we did everything together. It was a beautiful day in July and my older sister Debby and her family had come up for a visit from Grande Prairie. So a few phone calls later ( one to my baby sister Penny and the other to me) and a little bit of planning we all headed just out side of town to the Moinville Reservoir for a family picnic and a bit of fishing. I cannot believe how young the kids were! My son is now 40 years old. Anyway, I had so much fun making this layout and had so many wonderful memories come flooding back in the process. To me this is what scrap booking is all about. Preserving Family Memories.

 I am going to enter this layout in the following challenges
Go Fish - colour challenge use browns, chocolates and bronze
 D.L. Art - anything goes.
As always my friends, thank you for stopping bye and have a great week.

12 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What an absolutely wonderful layout! The images and embellishments are adorable and the photos are great! Fabulous!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is a super cute layout! Love those little bears. Thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish Challenge! :)

Chriss America Real said...

Oh my gosh! This is so darn cute! We fish with our dog Louie, this would be great for his "baby book"

Hugs,

Chriss

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Adorable layout! Awesome job! Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck on my "Hubby is Away" Giveaway.
Patti
http://www.shortnscrappy.com

Sherrie K. said...

Holy smokes Jenny, this is so stinken adorable!! I love it and the bears are just darling!! I love the gone fishing sign you cut on the Cameo. I am with you..still finding myself going back to the cricut. I gotta learn that Cameo though...just never enough time in a day, ugh!
You did an amazing job on your layout!! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Also, thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Jenny, What a cute page!!! This is great, and can also make a cute Dads day card!! Love it!karen♥

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Jenny, Thank you for the info, I did go to Jessica Sprague class, and I am getting there!! I will have to go and find that button for my blog, I will let you know how I make out!! Thanks again, karen♥

Kate said...

OMGosh this is such a cute LO! LOVE IT so much. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

Hugs,
Kate

DIANA L. said...

This is simply adorable. Super cute Layout. I am so inspired by your entry I want to make a layout now, which I do not do too often. Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The layout is absolutely adorable!!! Love the bears! Hard to believe that Russell is 40! Really cute pictures of him and Gillian!
-peewee-